State Rep. Mark Walker
Now Hiring: Deputy Chief of Staff
Our office is looking for a Deputy Chief of Staff. Consider joining Team Walker!
The office of State Representative Mark L. Walker (District 53, located in Arlington Heights, IL) is seeking applications for a full-time, in-district Deputy Chief of Staff. The Deputy reports directly to the Chief of Staff and will play an important role supporting and assisting the constituents of District 53. Some work will also be dedicated to helping the Representative’s legislative agenda. A successful candidate will have experience directly assisting people, whether through previous casework or other relevant experience, as well as an eye for detail and a genuine willingness to support our office’s work and our constituents.
· Lead efforts to respond to constituent contacts in a timely and professional manner
· Respond to and assist with constituent needs including casework
· Take part in office efforts to proactively reach out to constituents
· Assist the Chief of Staff and Representative with other tasks as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required, preferably in political science, communications, journalism, or a similar field
· Proven customer service and/or casework experience
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Ability and willingness to travel in-district on occasion for events or meetings
· Event or political campaign/organizing experience is preferred
· Fluency in Spanish is greatly preferred but not required
· Starting pay: $40,500
· Healthcare Benefits
· Paid time off
Resumes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.
The Office of State Rep. Mark Walker is committed to diversity in the workplace and to providing equal opportunity and affirmative action to employees and applicants. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.